2016-17 ACT Dates and Deadlines
|2016-17 ACT Dates and Deadlines|
|Test Date||Sept. 10, 2016||Oct. 24, 2016||Dec. 12, 2016||Feb. 6, 2017||April 9, 2017||June 11, 2017|
|Regular Registration Deadline||August 5, 2016||Sept. 18, 2016||Nov. 6, 2016||January 8, 2017||Mar. 4, 2017||May 6, 2017|
2016-17 SAT and Subject Tests Dates and Deadlines
|Test Date||Test Offered||Registration Deadline||Late Registration (add’l fee)|
|October 1, 2016||SAT & Subject Tests||September 1, 2016||September 20, 2016|
|November 5, 2016||SAT & Subject Tests||October 7, 2016||October 25, 2016|
|December 3, 2016||SAT & Subject Tests||November 3, 2016||November 22, 2016|
|January 21, 2017||SAT & Subject Tests||December 21, 2016||January 10, 2017|
|March 11, 2017||SAT only||February 10, 2017||February 28, 2017|
|May 6, 2017||SAT & Subject Tests||April 7, 2017||April 25, 2017|
|June 3, 2017||SAT & Subject Tests||May 9, 2017||May 24, 2017|
Advanced Placement Exams 2017
|Test Dates||2017 Exam calendar|
|May 1-5, 2017||Registration occurs in classes in February 2017. To register for an exam for which you are not enrolled in a Rocky Hill class, please contact Ms. Dowling.|
|May 8-12, 2017|
- Sunday administrations usually occur the day after each Saturday test date, for students who cannot test on Saturday due to religious observance.
- The Language with Listening Tests are offered only in November.
Information for students with disabilities:
The ACT and the SAT are accepted at any college or university in the United States as part of the college admissions application. The ACT and the College Board both allow qualified students various accommodations, including extended time. To be eligible to apply for accommodations, several steps must be taken.
- The student or parent must meet with the Director of College Counseling to request accommodations at least 6 weeks prior to any test (ACT, PSAT, SAT, or AP) registration deadline. This is an extensive process with many forms that need to be filled out by the College Counseling Office.
- See the test agency webpages for details of the process and qualifications College Board process for testing accommodations or new ACT process for testing accommodations
- The student must currently be eligible for or receiving these accommodations at Rocky Hill School.
It is important to note that students apply for accommodations on the ACT or College Board tests (PSAT, SAT, Subject tests, and AP.) Just because a student has documentation stating that particular accommodations (such as extended time) are recommend on tests does not mean that the ACT or College Board will automatically grant it. It is the ACT and the College Board that ultimately determine who qualifies for extended time. Students must apply to each testing agency with a separate application unique to the testing agency. If a student qualifies for extra time on one test, it is not guaranteed that a student will receive extra time on the other.