rocky hill fund
THE ROCKY HILL FUND
The Rocky Hill Fund is the School’s annual fundraising campaign that directly supports our operating budget. Gifts to the Rocky Hill Fund make an immediate and positive impact by supporting our academic programs, extracurricular activities, 84-acre campus, dedicated faculty, and much more.
As is the case in independent schools, funding is needed above and beyond tuition to support our robust student experience.
We’re grateful that our community helps make everything we do here possible with contributions to the Rocky Hill Fund. Each and every gift counts and makes a difference!
ROCKY HILL FUND FAQs
The Rocky Hill Fund is the annual campaign that raises unrestricted funds for RHCD. These funds support our operating budget, which benefits all areas in the school including academic programs. extracurricular programs, financial aid, our 84-acre campus, professional development, and so much more. Rocky Hill Fund gifts go to work immediately to help provide an innovative, high engagement learning experience for all our students.
The Rocky Hill Fund supports our operating budget, as tuition alone does not fully cover the cost of an RHCD education. That means every single student benefits from the Rocky Hill Fund. A gift to Rocky Hill Fund is a vote of confidence for our remarkable school.
When you give a “Where It Is Most Needed” Rocky Hill Fund gift, you are giving RHCD the flexibility to meet its highest priority funding needs. If you so choose, you may also direct your gift to support an area meaningful to you such as:
- Academics & the Library: Our personalized and challenging academic program is at the heart of what we do. Our library program enriches and supports the academic work of all three divisions.
- Arts: The visual and performing arts are an important piece of each student’s personal growth and creativity.
- Athletics: “The Mariner Way” is our philosophy centered on resilience, effort, and pride, which directs our student-athletes mindset on and off the field.
- Campus Buildings, Grounds, and Waterfront: Our beautiful 84-acre campus on the Narragansett Bay is a hallmark of an RHCD education offering a myriad of opportunities inside and outside.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: By practicing and teaching equity and inclusion, we aim to dismantle systemic racism, oppression, and inequality in our community and the world around us.
- Faculty: Our talented and dedicated faculty grow and learn through professional development opportunities bringing the most current educational methods and philosophies into our classrooms.
- Financial Assistance: The School’s commitment to financial assistance helps make an RHCD education affordable and accessible to a wide range of qualified applicants regardless of financial circumstances.
All gifts, no matter the size, are valued and appreciated. We ask that RHCD be one of your top philanthropic choices so that our students have the best experience possible.
Participation rates are an important way for RHCD to demonstrate the commitment of our parents, alumni, and friends to the school and to our students. Foundations and corporations often look at the level of participation in the school’s fundraising initiatives when awarding grants to educational institutions.
Yes! Charitable gifts to the School are tax-deductible since Rocky Hill Country Day is a non-profit organization. RHCD’s tax ID number is 05-0277258.
Thank you to our
Rocky Hill Fund Committee
Nici and Mike Lanowy
Kelly McElroy and Brian Dunckley
Laura and Carlos Vares
Sally Kenyon Grant ‘87
Joan and Jack Osowa
Faculty and Staff Co-Chairs