Rocky Hill Country Day School is seeking a Controller as a key member of our Business Office. This position is poised to have a significant impact within our community. Our community is a private, independent day school for students in grades Nursery-12th grade located on the shores of Narragansett Bay in East Greenwich, Rhode Island, 20 minutes south of Providence. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct general ledger input and activity, including monitoring the budget and producing monthly and annual reports.
- Track actual expenses and revenues against budgeted expenses and revenues identifying variances and possible reasons for the variances.
- Oversee the accounts receivables and accounts payable staff’s accounting entries to subsidiary ledgers.
- Oversee student billing.
- Review and reconcile monthly bank accounts, loan activity, and interest calculations.
- Create monthly financial statements including balance sheet, budget tracking reports, cash flow reports and monthly Finance Committee reports.
- Assist the COO with forecasting financial models and budget development.
- Review and approve all health care and human resources payables (employee benefits).
- Oversee payroll.
- Conduct the year-end audit, producing all schedules, chart of accounts, etc.
- Administer human resources functions, including maintenance of personnel files related to payroll and benefits, employee benefit elections, compliance with hiring practices & laws (BCI, etc.), creation of Letters of Appointment, etc.
- Manage fixed asset accounts
- Manage the chart of accounts
- Maintain integrity of Business Office function and operations.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal government reporting requirements and filings.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Be self-motivated and able meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an open, communicative, and collaborative style with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, strong moral fiber, loyalty, and responsiveness.
- Possess strong finance, accounting, organizational, forecasting, and analytical business skills.
- Possess strong attention to detail, facility with data, creative problem solving, and solid organizational skills.
- Be fluent with technology and business-related software.
To learn more about our community, please visit www.rockyhill.org. Our waterfront campus is on the Potowomut peninsula and offers a unique setting, where students and faculty alike demonstrate a sense of energy, imagination, and entrepreneurial spirit. Rocky Hill Country Day School stands firmly behind the principle that the admission of students, the employment of faculty, the operation of programs, and the governance of the School be open to all who are qualified regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
If this description speaks to you and you love working in a fast-paced and rewarding community, please send a cover letter and resume BY EMAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dean of Student Life, Family Leave Long-Term Substitute
Rocky Hill Country Day School seeks a long-term substitute Dean of Student Life, to begin on December 1, 2019. This position is to cover for a family leave, anticipated to last at least 13 weeks, and potentially more.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following:
- effective communication,
- ability to be a creative and enthusiastic leader,
- understanding of student-centered discipline systems,
- collegiality, respectfulness, and integrity,
- commitment to continual professional growth,
- exemplary professionalism.
Working with the Head of Upper School, and other division heads, the Dean of Student life performs the following duties:
- Develop, implement, and manage student programs, e.g., new student orientation, Clubs & Activities, class trips.
- Coordinate and plan for community time, in collaboration with the US Programming Team.
- Participate on the Upper School Student Support Team.
- Working with the Divisional Coordinator, track student attendance on a daily basis, communicating with students and families as needed.
- Collaborate with the Head of Upper School to develop an Upper School culture that supports student engagement through student-centered discipline, and through decisions that support adolescent growth.
- Manage daily incidences of discipline, e.g., minor violations of policy, dress code infractions, etc.
- Coordinate the Buddies programs in all divisions.
- Working with the faculty adviser to Student Council, coordinate the selection of student council representatives and student Prefects.
- Advise the student Prefects.
- Collaborate with Student Council to coordinate student life activities, e.g., Homecoming, Prom, and creative school-wide spirit activities.
- Organize All School Meetings.
- Work closely with the Head of Upper School on incidences of major discipline violations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of Upper School.
Rocky Hill Country Day School is a private, independent day school for students in grades PK-12 located on the shores of Narragansett Bay in East Greenwich, RI, 20 minutes south of Providence.
RHCD’s mission is to educate the whole child — mind, body, and spirit. We value an educational approach that recognizes that every student learns academic content when it is presented through an approach that values their social and emotional development, and their growth in the eight Rocky Hill Student Competencies: navigation, citizenship, critical thinking, communication, innovation, ethics, global-mindedness, and self-awareness.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and a personal statement to Mike Gwaltney, Head of Upper School to email@example.com.
Head and Assistant Girls Varsity Lacrosse Coach
Rocky Hill County Day School is coming off of a Division III Rhode Island State Championship in 2019. We are seeking a coaching staff with experience in girls lacrosse, with excellent communication skills and the desire to take a successful program farther! This is a stipend position. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Head and Assistant Sailing Coach (Spring)
We are seeking a sailing staff for our spring season, which is from March – May. The sailing team is a mix of experienced and new sailors. Rocky Hill Country Day School has a fleet of 420s for use and most meets are at home in the spring and at Newport Friday Night Lights, with the opportunity to grow the team into more competitive contests. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Rocky Hill Country Day School is an equal opportunity employer. Rocky Hill Country Day does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, handicap or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admission, financial aid, employment, educational policies or other school programs.