The college admissions process is an ever-changing one. Rocky Hill Country Day School keeps students and parents abreast of these changes while guiding students through a process of self-awareness and growth, and aiding them to be discerning decision makers, cautious consumers, and intrepid explorers as they identify colleges and universities that match their academic abilities and personal preferences, as well as their athletic, artistic, and leadership goals. Finding the right college or university is about “fit.”
Through individual and small group meetings, use of MaiaLearning software, face-to-face contact with college admission officers, and focused special events, students are empowered and encouraged to embrace post-secondary planning and to make informed decisions concerning their futures.
Info for Admissions Officers
The college admission process is exciting and dynamic. It can also feel hard to understand and wildly inconsistent. Rocky Hill Country Day School keeps students and parents abreast of these changes while guiding students through a process of self-awareness and growth, and aiding them to be discerning decision makers, educated consumers, and intrepid explorers as they identify colleges and universities whose values align with theirs, as well as their athletic, artistic, and leadership goals. Finding the right colleges is about “fit.”
Info for Admissions Officers
- College Readiness Workshop for seniors during the first 3 days of school
- Host 75+ visitors from college admissions officers
- Spring break college tours led by college counselor
- College nights for 11th and 12th grade students and families
- Financial Aid Night
- Spring college fair in conjunction with Providence area independent schools
- Regular college prep workshops for 11th and 12th grade students
- Spring Essay Writing class during English period for 11th grade
- Extensive individual essay and application review
- Practice full-length SAT and ACT on campus
- Official PSAT for 10th and 11th grade students
- The State of Standardized Testing- live and via webinar
- SAT and ACT prep courses on campus and via webinar
- On-request student and family appointments for all
- Course selection advising for all
- 9th grade parent workshop
Maia Learning allows students to explore, and then store, information that will lead them to a complete post-secondary plan with the aid of their college counselor and adviser.
MaiaLearning is a modern, dynamic, and responsive tool that grows with the needs of our school, our staff, and our students. It empowers and engages students in planning their futures through self-assessment, career exploration, college research, financial aid, and scholarships modules, as well as other tools. It keeps parents involved, and supports counselors by streamlining administration.