The college admissions process is an ever-changing one. Rocky Hill Country Day School keeps students and parents abreast of these changes while guiding students through a process of self-awareness and growth, and aiding them to be discerning decision makers, cautious consumers, and intrepid explorers as they identify colleges and universities that match their academic abilities and personal preferences, as well as their athletic, artistic, and leadership goals. Finding the right college or university is about “fit.”
Through individual and small group meetings, use of MaiaLearning software, face-to-face contact with college admission officers, and focused special events, students are empowered and encouraged to embrace post-secondary planning and to make informed decisions concerning their futures.
- College Readiness Workshop for seniors during the first 3 days of school
- Host 75+ visitors from college admissions officers
- Spring Break College Tours led by college counselor
- College nights for 11th and 12th grade students and families
- Financial Aid Night
- Spring College Fair in conjunction with Providence area independent schools
- Regular college prep workshops for 11th and 12th grade students
- Weekend drop-in application sessions prior to early deadlines and regular deadlines
- Spring Essay Writing class during English period for 11th grade
- High-level essay and application review
- Practice full-length SAT and ACT on campus
- Official PSAT for 10th and 11th grade students
- The State of Standardized Testing- live and via webinar
- SAT and ACT prep courses on campus and via webinar
- On-request student and family appointments for all
- Course selection advising for all
- 9th grade parent workshop
College Readiness Workshops
Senior year at Rocky Hill Country Day begins with a bang! Seniors gather together during the first days of school for a three day experience that will get them firmly ahead in their college applications, and increase their confidence in their essays and college selections. A number of experts and guest speakers, many from college admissions and financial aid offices, will offer sessions.
Throughout the year, college representatives come to Rocky Hill Country Day to showcase their offerings and talk to the students. This is a great time for students to ask questions and learn more about what college life is all about.
We use MaiaVisits to schedule visits. College admission guests come during days and times when the maximum number of juniors and seniors will be free. This will include class meeting times, community periods, and other designated non-academic times.
MaiaLearning is a modern, dynamic, and responsive tool that grows with the needs of our school, our staff, and our students. It empowers and engages students in planning their futures through self-assessment, career exploration, college research, financial aid, and scholarships modules, as well as other tools. It keeps parents involved, and supports counselors by streamlining administration.
Maia Learning allows students to explore, and then store, information that will lead them to a complete post-secondary plan with the aid of their college counselor and adviser.
Info for Admission Officers
We use MaiaVisits to schedule visits. We prefer that our college admission guests come during days and times when the maximum number of juniors and seniors will be free. This will include class meeting times, community periods, and other designated non-academic times. These will show as ‘available’ on MaiaVisits.
If you cannot come during our preferred visit times, please email the Director of College Counseling, Tara Dowling to see if alternate times may be available. Further instructions are available within the video at the bottom of the page.