A non-refundable $50 fee ($150 for international students) must be received before an application can be processed. The Admission Office will also accept the Standard Application Online (SAO)
Lower School applications should be completed by the parent.
Middle School and Upper School applications must be completed by the candidate.
Parents must complete and submit the Transcript Release Form directly to their child’s current school.
Teacher Confidential Report(s)
Teacher reports are required of all applicants, but a candidate may submit additional letters of recommendation from other sources. For students who have not had any previous school experience, be they home schooled or applying to the preschool program, teacher reports may be completed by the parent.
Middle and Upper School candidates must submit three Teacher Confidential Reports:
An interview with the parent(s) or guardian(s) of the candidate is required for all applications. Tours of the campus can be scheduled at your convenience during the week.
A classroom visit and screening is required of all applicants to the Lower School.
- Preschool – Grade 1 applicants will visit the classroom for a half day from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Grade 2 – Grade 5 applicants will be asked to visit the classroom of their current grade from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
A student interview is required of all applicants to the Middle or Upper School and can be scheduled at your convenience during the week.
- A SKYPE (rockyhillschool) interview is available for families out of state and for international families
- Full day visits are optional but encouraged as a visit is the best way to experience our program. A day visit allows prospective students to sit in on classes, meet current students, talk with teachers, and get a feel for a typical day at Rocky Hill.
- A screening is required for all applicants to the Lower School. This screening is completed during the day visit.
- Students entering grades 4 or 5 and seeking a Merit Scholarship award must take the Secondary school Admission Test (SSAT) and must identify Rocky Hill School (Code 6085) as a test score recipient. Please note that Rocky Hill School is a designated SSAT test center. Visit www.ssat.org for test dates and registration information.
- Candidates for Grades 6 through 12 must take the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) and must identify Rocky Hill School (Code 6085) as a test score recipient. Please note that Rocky Hill School is a designated SSAT test center. Visit www.ssat.org for test dates and registration information.
- The Admission Office will also accept the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE).
Rocky Hill School does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, handicap, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admissions, financial aid, employment, education policies or other school programs.