2019 – 20 School Year Admission
We welcome your interest in all grade levels and look forward to working with through the admissions process. The application deadline for the 2019-20 school year is February 1, 2019. We will continue to accept applications after this date as space allows.
The application process to Rocky Hill School is as follows:
1. Attend an Open House event or come for a tour (or both!). Neither of these fun and informative activities is required, but you are welcome and encouraged to come. Seeing the school up close while on a tour or at an event offers a terrific vantage to better understand the Rocky Hill experience. Register for Open House here Open House or call the Admissions Office (884-9070 ext. 104) to schedule a tour.
2. Apply online, request teacher recommendations, request transcripts. If you think Rocky Hill School is a good fit for your child and family, your next step is to complete the online application. Once your application is As part of the application, you will be able to email our online recommendation forms to your child’s teacher/s. You will also be able to print out the transcript request form to sign and bring to your child’s school so they send us the appropriate student records.
Completed applications are due no later than February 1. Acceptances will be mailed March 1.
3. Set your child’s visit date and parent interview. Spending a day (or part of a day for our youngest applicants) at Rocky Hill is a terrific way for applicants to experience classroom and social life here. Days available for visits vary depending on the age of the child, and details are provided on the registration. Please note scheduling a visit is part of the online application and we will contact you to confirm a time for a parent interview on the day of your child’s visit.
4. Choose a date for testing/screening. Applicants for grades 6-12 must take the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) and must identify Rocky Hill School (Code 6085) as a test score recipient. Students entering grades 4 and 5 who are seeking a Merit Scholarship may also take the SSAT. Please note that Rocky Hill School is a designated SSAT test center and will be administering the exam in February. Visit www.ssat.org for test dates and registration information.
5. Ask questions. Feel free to call us at 884-9070 ext 107 if you have any questions! We’d be happy to help.
Families interested in applying for tuition assistance must complete an SSS application by February 15, 2019. Please click on the Financial Assistance tab for details.
Rocky Hill School does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, handicap, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admissions, financial aid, employment, education policies or other school programs.