Free workshops open to 8th graders statewide
For the second time in as many years, Rocky Hill School will host a Leadership and Sportsmanship Conference on Saturday, April 1, 2017 from 9:00 a.m.-12:15 p.m. on Rocky Hill School’s 84-acre waterfront campus. The event, made possible with a grant from the Rhode Island Interscholastic League and funding from Rocky Hill School, is free and open to any 8th grade student-athlete in Rhode Island. Faculty or coach mentors are also invited to attend.
The goal of the program is to encourage middle school athletes to pursue sports and leadership in high school and to learn skills and techniques that will help them be better teammates.
The Leadership and Sportsmanship Conference consist of a four-part workshop series:
- Preparing for College and High School Athletics
- Leadership and Sportsmanship Skills
- Game Readiness: Mental and Physical Focus
- Team Building
- Jack Hayes, Director of Athletics at Brown University
- Tara Dowling, Director of College Counseling at Rocky Hill School
- Chuck Wilson, ESPN/Hall of Fame radio host and founder of Even Field®
- Vanessa Weiner, mindfulness expert and founder of Center for Resilience
Free registration is open until Wednesday, March 29, 2017.