Rocky Hill School is an equal opportunity employer. Rocky Hill School does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, handicap or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admission, financial aid, employment, educational policies or other school programs.
Click here to download an application for employment.
Rocky Hill School is seeking a full time Registered Nurse (RN) to provide clinical nurse services for the PK-12 population. A nurse experienced with children and adolescents, preferably within a school setting, is desired. Day to day operation includes diabetes care management; a nurse with insulin pump experience will be preferred.
The RN is responsible for assessment, triage, treatment, referrals, and consultation for the school community. Helping students advance their health management and collaborating with teachers and parents to improve student outcomes are part of the daily routine. Additionally, the RN designs plans of care and training programs for students with life threatening medical conditions.
A B.S. in Nursing required, Masters preferred, and an ability to speak Mandarin helpful. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Diane Rich, Dean of Studies, Faculty, and Academics at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A successful School Nurse will exhibit the following QUALITIES:
- An ability to effectively communicate with multiple constituencies-face-to-face, in writing, and within the online environment
- A familiarity with and knowledge of best practices and trends in nursing in an educational setting
- An aptitude for listening, patience, and flexibility in order to engage and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- An understanding of child development in order to provide appropriate nursing practices in a pre K-12 setting
- Strength in organization and attention to detail while serving as a model of confidentiality, collegiality, respect, and integrity
In enacting the following DUTIES:
- Collect and review all parental health forms including for international students
- Manage daily visits with treatment and documentation, medicine administration, processing forms, constant communication, and diabetes care
- Maintain stock of equipment and supplies, including check AED and the emergency bag monthly
- Process medication orders, immunizations, physicals, and other health forms in Magnus software
- Create/Update Emergency Care Plans and Individualized Healthcare Plans
- Create medicine & treatment documentation records in Magnus
- Transfer student health records
- Create diabetic log; meet with parents of diabetic students to review orders and plan of care
- Arrange for site based events such as hearing screening, flu clinics, and bloodborne pathogen training
- Schedule Staff training – anaphylaxis, seizures, diabetes, asthma, food restrictions or needs
- Prepare medical information for school trips
- Supervise concussion protocol
- Assess staff medical needs
- Learn emergency response plans
- Create and manage the health office budget
- Serve as back up for school attendance procedures
- Update health services webpage
- Collaborate with dietary services about allergies
- Attend wellness team meetings, divisional meetings, and Critical Friends Group meetings
- Practice emergency drills which includes bringing emergency bag/meds
- Create and maintain school communications with families
- Submit Immunization audit to the state
- Perform health screening audit
- Complete an annual school health audit
Rocky Hill School is seeking a one-year, full-time Middle and Upper School Art teacher. The position is for Grades 6-8 Art in addition to a team-taught, Upper School art course, Foundations of Art. Candidate must be comfortable teaching a variety of media and techniques. Middle school teaching experience preferred.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Diane Rich, Dean of Studies, Faculty, and Academics at email@example.com.